by Webnme2 on Mar 14th 2010
Search Anti-Virus Vendor Websites
Use this custom Google Search to search only anti-virus vendor websites for information.
Anti-Virus Hints & Tips
- Install: Install an anti-virus product on your computer. This is an essential step in protecting your computer. A computer without anti-virus protection when connected to the internet has an extremely high risk of being infected with malware.
- Update: Update your anti-virus product regularly.
- Schedule: If your anti-virus product has a live-update feature that can be scheduled to run regularly, use it.
- Be Careful: Be careful with e-mail attachments. Even attachments sent by a friend can contain a hostile program like a virus, worm, or trojan. If you weren’t expecting the attachment or it doesn’t look right, don’t open it.
- Research: If you aren’t sure about an e-mail, check one of the research centers listed below to see whether the e-mail matches one of the descriptions for a hostile program.
- Repair: If you are unlucky and do get a virus, worm, or trojan; some of these research centers offer programs to remove the offending program. Symantec frequently offers free removal utilities.
You may also want to try Malwarebyte’s Anti-Malware
software to remove malicious programs.
Anti-Virus Product Vendors
- Avast! (Home
edition is free)
- AVG (Free version)
- Computer Associates
- Eset – Nod 32 (Good for older systems that are low on RAM)
- Malwarebyte’s Anti-Malware
- Symantec Norton Anti-Virus
- Trend Micro
- Windows Live One Care
- Zone Alarm
Anti-Virus Research Centers